Saturday, January 10, 2015

Class Reflection

Class Reflection

After two weeks of this class I have learned quite a bit about myself. I have learned how to manage my time, I have learned more of the kind of person I am in the work world, I have also learned more about jobs that I have always been interested in but never took the time to research. I feel like in such a short amount of time I have already learned so much. At first I thought this class wouldn't teach me that much in a short amount of time but I was definitely wrong.
To start off I have come to find out that I am more so of a procrastinator than I would like to have thought. I really learned how to be on top of things since there is always an assignment to be done everyday of the week. Juggling school and working full time I have definitely had to manage fitting in school work before the deadlines. I decided to take two full days to fully focus on school work and give undivided attention which has helped me be able to get my assignments done before the due time and date.
Some of the other things I have experienced in the last couple of weeks is seeing what kind of person the outside world would view me more as. I always thought that I was more of an in between introvert/extrovert. However the MBTI test I took told me otherwise. I learned that I am more introversion and make decisions based on feelings. I was surprised but now I can take that into more consideration when thinking about the line of work to go into. I wouldn't want to put myself in a loud outgoing environment and feel more so out of place so that is one huge thing I have learned. I also have learned to not put others before me at work. I have done this so many times in the past and have screwed myself over in the end because of it. I need to be more focused on my progress more so than helping others progress and being left behind.
I have definitely gotten more insight on the different jobs that are offered out there for the type of person I am. Some jobs I have never even considered or known about that potentially I could love doing. A few I have already started researching are accounting and bookkeeping. They are both stable and offer a decent amount of income which are two huge things I have been struggling with in my jobs now. I have always wanted to find a job that would fulfill me being happy with doing and also make me happy in everyday life with being stable. I think these two jobs could be a hit for me to continue researching and figuring out how to accomplish getting down the road.
I have also learned that there are so many different jobs for different types of people. If you don’t find jobs that fit your type you may end up being unhappy. I originally had the outlook of just needing to be financially stable so just the basic jobs everyone knows that make good money that's what I should do. That is not the case I found out. There are so many other options and now knowing so I know I will end up being happy with my career. I won’t have to suffer with a job I am uninterested in or not good at just because I know it will stabilize me.

Overall, this course so far has taught me so much about who I am and what I really want in a job. I know that I want financial stability and I want a job that is more seclusive than others by being in a more confined area alone rather than working in a large group. I think the rest of the course is definitely going to benefit me with exploring even more options than just the ones I have found so far. The course has also helped me so much in time management by making me have to manage when I need to get assignments in while juggling work.

No comments:

Post a Comment